SmartSPEND is a highly configurable business intelligence application that can range from a simple contract compliance dashboard to a full patient-centric analytics platform. The application can be configured based on need. Optimé has developed an approach and amassed the expertise to combine data from multiple systems into a series of actionable dashboards to meet a variety of healthcare supply chain business needs. For example, it allows an organization to study the true cost of a procedure, using actual cost data from the materials management information system/enterprise resource planning software; the clinical information system; the admissions/discharge/transfer system; and ancillary systems such as pharmacy, radiology and laboratory. Leveraging Optimé’s approach, expertise and toolset, it can help study utilization patterns, clinical effectiveness and contribution margin.
- Analyzes and purchasing trends and provides dashboards for:
- Market share by vendors
- Side by side comparisons of user defined time periods.
- Costs by product categorizations (UNSPSC or customer defined)
- Analyses in all dashboards can be refined by:
- Supply type
- Contract and purchase order designations
- Customer supplied variables™